Thursday, March 6, 2014

Relentless

A young, naive 15 year old boy once told me that he didn't care about anyone because people were shit.

But today, I saw a man picking up a broken pot to lighten a burden.
So screw you Nick Cave because when you said "people ain't no good", you were wrong.


Walking through the halls today, I heard a comment that broke my heart and filled it with anger.

3 simple words of "Go Kill Yourself".


It's people like you that make depression a real thing.
It's people like you that allow suicide to sound like a better option.

My stomach twists for you.

No wonder my sister comes home crying because people like you are relentless.

I pray to God that I will never end up like you.

Maybe you were right, Nick Cave.
Maybe that young, naive 15 year old boy was on to something.

It's almost as if destroying souls is a disease and every one's infected.
When are we gonna start looking for the good in people?



- Trevor Powers

5 comments:

  1. Screw who ever said that, what a jerk (and a few other choice words). This was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you write about real things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, when did "Go kill yourself." become such a common phrase? I hear it all the time. It's crazy.

    "But today, I saw a man picking up a broken pot to lighten a burden." #good #specific

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kinda put my own thoughts into words. I feel you

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It's almost as if destroying souls is a disease and every one's infected."
    #stolen
    Seriously, though. I hate it when people make those kinds of "jokes." It's tragic, not laughable.

    ReplyDelete