Thursday, March 20, 2014

Break Me

My bones told me to stop living in the dark because darkness kills.  But they never told me the road to light would be filled with thorns and heartache.

They told me they needed a break but I didn't listen.  I pushed and pushed until they shattered.  Disintegrating into a memory that only exists in my dreams.

My bones want me to be happy but they never told me leather and laces would be my biggest disappointment.

They never told me my heart was made of glass either.  Shattered by the slightest touch into shards that stay forever.  Cutting deeper and deeper into my bloody soul.

My bones said I was broken a long time ago but I didn't tell anyone.  I wish I did.

I wish I would've told you I've been crying for the last 4 years.  I've been pleading for help, but my glassy eyes never were the best at persuading.


I've been begging for a second chance that only exists in a perfect world.  But perfect worlds don't exist, and neither do second chances.

So stop taping the pieces back together because it won't change the fact that I'm still bleeding.

But my blood will run out, and life will go on..

I could say a broken bone ruined my life, but I never would've met you if I didn't.  And that was worth it.



- Trevor Powers

4 comments:

  1. This is so good I can't even put words together

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My bones told me to stop living in the dark because darkness kills. But they never told me the road to light would be filled with thorns and heartache.
    They told me they needed a break but I didn't listen. I pushed and pushed until they shattered. Disintegrating into a memory that only exists in my dreams."
    Good heck. This is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But my blood will run out, and life will go on.." <3

    ReplyDelete