Sunday, March 23, 2014

Out with the Old, In with the New

I wanna have those feelings again, the ones I have in my dreams. The ones where I wake up in a cold sweat cause I'm feeling so alive.

But these walls are closing in, and my heart just dropped through the trap door.
My hope is being burned with time, because I know that death can't be re-grown.
My vigorous pains, your warning signs, Thing's between us will never be the same.

The eradication of us never seemed real. 

Until I met YOU.

You were intriguing. Caught my eye the moment I saw you 6 years ago.  Bright hair, Bright eyes,  With a smile that could light up my darkest fears.

Soft hands, with a heart so big that it melts mine every time you have my pen on your lips.

You're my dream, and we're alive.  The whole world is whistling. Whistling to the sound of our favorite song.

Strawberry Ice Cream, Freeze Outs, and Fires scream "we're never gonna grow up."

Fire crackles, as it eradicates the beginning of something surreal.

 
And THIS.  This dream will take us to the Moon. And Back.






- Trevor Powers




3 comments:

  1. "I wanna have those feelings again, the ones I have in my dreams" me too. This whole piece was so powerful. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete