Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You.

738 days ago marks the day I fell in love with you.

Basketball games, Endless pancakes, a thrift shop, awkward cuddling, and to top it off, the snowball fight of the century.

I remember my cheeks hurting that day, the beginning of something surreal.

But Dreams Only Go As Far As You Take Them...

We need some time to re-build what we had, because it was truly beautiful.

Lets watch the city slowly vanish.  No crowd anymore, no cars, no signals.
In the middle of the street lies our mutual dream.  So stay calm, hold my hand, and give it a chance to take us away.

Because the peace that comes from our silence is something special.


I'm the only one that knows your bottom lip shakes when you're about to cry, because when I gave you that letter on your birthday, Tears filled our hearts.

You're the only one I've entrusted with the key to my soul.  The key to my darkest secrets. 
You've taken me to places I didn't know existed.  Places where everything we touch turns to gold.

I could stare in your eyes for hours, because that shade of green is unlike anything I've ever seen.

And I throw around "I love you" like they're produced from an assembly line.
But the ones I hear from you make me smile the same way I do when I get to show people a picture of you.

I even like making eye contact with you across the commons because it shows that you were thinking about me and I caught you and you know I saw but you don't care because you know I was thinking about you too.

I'm writing this because I want you to see my tears on the paper.
Because the middle seat was our special thing.
Because "Yellow" is our song.
Because that kiss in the middle of the football field, will always be our kiss.



- Trevor Powers

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "738 days"
    "We need some time to re-build what we had, because it was truly beautiful."
    "Tears filled our hearts."
    Beautiful and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lines I like. This is good writing. I know it's your experience, but it feels like mine. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good. So good I can't even put it into words but it is.

    ReplyDelete