Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Letter, Because I Can't Say It In Person

Dear _______,

I just need five minutes to explain, then I'll be out of your hair.  Forever.

I need you to know that I'm not here to win your daughter back, I'm here because the sorrow inside strings my neck like a noose.

I'm sorry for the pain that I have inflicted on you.  I'm sorry I was the reason for those unnecessary arguments, and the same reason for those countless tears.  I'm sorry for being the reason you looked in those soft, green eyes with disappointment.  I'm sorry for putting you and your daughter through so much pain.

I want you to know that I take full blame for what happened between your daughter and I.

It'll always be one of my biggest regrets.

But, I've learned from my mistakes.
I've learned more in the past year than I ever could have, and for that, I thank you. 


Sincerely,
       Trevor Powers


P.S. I'm still in love with your daughter.


10 comments:

  1. This. So much emotion. Damnit, I'm crying again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible. Absolute real emotion and you can feel exactly where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts from this. So much feeling is present here and it makes my soul ache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great emotion here. I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had something witty or poetic to write about this but, I don't.

    It was just really damn good.



    That and I wish you were every broken hearted girls ex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The sorrow inside strings my neck like a noose." Good representation of the feeling. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basically every relationship i screw up and somehow the mom is always involved... Lone peak moms... They'll kill ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I just need five minutes to explain, then I'll be out of your hair. Forever."

    At first, it's like, I promise I'll leave, but I'll come back cause I'm addicted and I can't stop. and then you say, "FOREVER". And that adds so much finality and you stuck your stake in the ground and said "FOREVER". oh kay i could make this a movie

    ReplyDelete
  9. its been months and this is still your most popular post

    ReplyDelete