Sunday, March 30, 2014

Moons and Moons... and Moons

I'm thinking about you because you're 73.46% Hydrogen and the center of this universe.

But time slipped through our hands, and you just killed Earth.  You killed the dreamer who imagined you.

I spent a year trying to Remember THAT Dream, but I never could figure out how the pieces fit together.
I loved what the Sun had to offer until I realized the Moon is Perfect.


The Moon is perfect because it sparks the nights that we remember.

The Moon was out that night we sat on the bench by the pond and held hands.   We watched the light glimmer across the water into a line as straight as Cupid's arrow.

The Moon was out that night we went up the canyon and sat in the same chair.  We watched the flames illuminate the fire into a dream that looked a lot like heaven.

Pink Floyd was incoherent when they tagged "The Dark Side Of The Moon" because there is no dark side of You.

Because You, are Perfect.



- Trevor Powers


P.S.  I know I told you it's open for interpretation, but the moon is what I'm looking at. (#41)


5 comments:

  1. "P.S. I know I told you it's open for interpretation, but the moon is what I'm looking at. (#41)"
    Great post about the moon and connecting it to a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a year trying to Remember THAT Dream, but I never could figure out how the pieces fit together. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I loved what the Sun had to offer until I realized the Moon is Perfect."
    Perfect line easily gonna become a white girl tattoo

    ReplyDelete