Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Cage

I'm locked in a cage.

I've been stuck in this cage for quite some time now.

I'm locked in a cage surrounded by natures beauty.
I'm surrounded by my dreams.
I want to get out and smell the flowers, smell the rain.
I want to feel the way I did before.
Back when I was innocent.

But, everyone knows that once you've been in the cage, you'll never be the same.

I've thrown myself into prison.

Self-destruction.

I've inched myself into the water.
I'm stuck in the current.
I'm moving backwards.
I'm drowning.
I don't know how much longer I can hold my breath.
I don't know how much farther I can go before I drop off the end.

I wonder if I will ever get out.

I wonder if I will ever find out that the key is in my back pocket.


- Trevor Powers

3 comments:

  1. ha. good I'm not the only one. way to go, I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I liked the little bit of hope you threw in at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really good.... the imagery was awesome :D you have a way with words and I loved the brutal honesty throughout....

    ReplyDelete