Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Because Bricks Aren't Enough

Crying does not always mean feeling pain.

When I was young and scraped my knee, I cried.  Now the only pain I feel is when I think of you.

Pain is a funny thing.  Because I would rather stab 100 knives in my chest than feel the way I do about you.

I even broke my hand over you.



As the hot water boils on my skin, I punch the concrete because the pain of a broken hand is easier to handle than the pain of a broken heart.

And as blood runs down my hand and my knuckles turn black, tears fill my eyes because that's real pain.

Tears fill my eyes because I'm thinking about you.


Go ahead, throw a brick at me.  Because pain doesn't grow from a broken arm.

Pain grows from loving someone unconditionally.

Pain is that rose that grew from concrete.

Pain only exists in the heart.


Now I know why people cut themselves.



- Trevor Powers

3 comments:

  1. "Pain is that rose that grew from concrete." Can't stop thinking about this line and trying to figure it out. Love that even when I'm done reading this post, I'm not done thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose that grew from concrete. #stolen. And your poor broken hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every one of your posts last night. And I'm heartbroken. But you're very good at writing. I'm so glad you have this blog to write it all out. Thanks for being real, this is why we write.

    ReplyDelete