Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Miss You.

The TV lights the room,
Like a strobe against the wall.
I've watched all afternoon, without watching at all.

I'm thinking of YOU, dear.

I'm thinking of you that I can't seem to pay attention to the world.

I'm thinking of you because I can't seem to sleep at night, but I'm able to dream.  Like those countless marvels that I have about you that I wish was reality.

I'm thinking of you because I want to stay lost in this moment forever.  Like that night we danced to Aerosmith's famous "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".

I'm thinking of you because it's energetic, like being struct by lightning for the first time.  Like that time we sat in the rain and kissed all night.

I always wanted to possess your heart, the same way Death Cab possessed mine.

But you once told me something that  would shred my heart forever.
Something that I'll never forget.

And I'll I've ever wanted to tell you is that I Miss You.

I miss YOU, dear.

- Trevor Powers


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this. This is so relatable to me. I feel like if i knew you in real life, we would be really good friends. You seem real.

    I don't know your situation or what girl you miss, but I can tell you love her.

    If any of us even know what love is, anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't seem to sleep at night, but I'm able to dream."

    ReplyDelete