Sunday, February 23, 2014

Being Different is Being Alone

Last week I sat by myself in the cafeteria just because I wanted to be different.
I sat by myself because I wanted to know what it felt like to be alone.

As the judgemental glares penetrated my shallow soul, I felt isolated.
I heard the faint voices whisper remarks that even Satan would despise.

.....................................................................................................................................

Last year I met a boy named Paul. Paul knows what voices I'm talking about because he knows what it feels like to be a shadow.

And last month Paul told me that I didn't have a heart, but I'm here to prove to you that it beats.

And last night you screwed me because you wanted to feel accepted.
And last night I screwed you because I'm an ass hole.

And last night... I cried in my hands again because I know what it feels like to have your heart slit.

And right now I'm starring at myself in the mirror because I want to know what it feels like to be crystallized.

Diamondized.

And next week I'll sit by that kid that's different because I know what it feels like to be alone.



- Trevor Powers

5 comments:

  1. This took me everywhere. All over the place.

    Good for you if that cafeteria thing is true. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "remarks that even Satan would despise." This whole post is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being alone is one of the darkest, most warped beauties in the entire world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this. I feel like I can relate.

    ReplyDelete