Sunday, February 2, 2014

Go Ahead, Feel Alive

We're human because of our emotions, our feelings.

We're human because of the way I made you feel that night.
That night I crushed you.

We're human because you still think about it.
You can't get over it.

We're all just wating for someting real to happen, I guess.

But for hell sakes, I'm sick of this darkness.

Forget about the bad days, think about the good times.

That time we sat in the back of my truck and looked at the stars.
That time we jumped in a frozen lake in the middle of the night.
That time we broke into a house, just because we wanted to feel alive.

This is for the adrenaline rushes.
The mysteries.
Jumping into the unknown, and coming out smiling.
Being able to say "I did that".

Cheers to all the good times.

The kisses, the holding hands, the everything.

Cheers.

The laughs, the smiles, the love.

Spreading love.

We're human because of the memories.
The smiles we get when we remember the good times.

Being human is about being alive.

We live for these moments.

We live for making memories.

This is what being human is supposed to feel like.
And it feels damn good.

- Trevor Powers

2 comments:

  1. This felt honest and real. I thought it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The time we sat in the back of my truck and looked at the stars"

    Reminds me of something I did once.

    It was cold outside

    ReplyDelete