Saturday, February 8, 2014

Montana




I look deep into the forest, as the music begins to play.  The light shines through the trees, the same way you shined through me.

I sit here in my old age, and smoke out my memories.  I smoke out my destruction.  My pain. My sufferings. The light is gone, the storm is finally here.

As I sit on my porch dreaming, I have flashbacks of my childhood.  My white shirt, and baseball bat in hand... I walk, reeking innocence and light.

But, that light's slipping away.  It's become sundown as my father and I walk through the forest of hell.

I give him one last hug before he leaves me.  But, this one's different.  This one is special.


With tears running down my eyes, he doesn't come back.

As the music sets in, feelings set in.  I'm alone.  I'm headed in a downward spiral.  My worlds spinning, slipping, sliding.  That light has become darkness. 

I consume myself with my thoughts.

A split river proves that I can be optimistic or pessimistic.  But how can I forget the one that lit my firework on the 4th of July?

My worlds grey, and the sun continues to go down, as life goes on.  Without me.

I feel hopeless as I jump into the unknown.  Assuming that this is the end.  But, I build the courage to stand and walk out that day as I remember my father telling me to "never give up".

I take his memories and I run aimlessly.  A split path proves that I can be optimistic or pessimistic.

I build a fire, ready to begin a new life.
As the music stops... I burn the memories of my father in the mountains of Montana.

"There's a spirit in Montana and in your chest, a soul"


- Trevor Powers

2 comments:

  1. Love how real the feelings are with this.
    "the light shines through the trees the same way you shined through me" favorite line.

    ReplyDelete