Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Raconte

It's 2 12 AM and "17" has been on repeat for a couple weeks now.


It reminds me of a football game and a special girl that likes Youth Lagoon.
A girl that I'm much to alike.

.........But this isn't about any of that.........

This is about 17.
This is for the hike after I got cut and the tears that fell on July 9th.

 
This is for the goofy kid at Sophomore baseball try-outs and the memories that came from a best friend.
This is for the late night raves, the curve balls, and the gay fishes.
This is for Bingham.
 
This is for the tears in my bed right now because it's only been 7 days and I miss you.

I miss you, Jacks.

 
This is about 17.
This is for Manchester and Jackie
Look me in the eye because this apology is deep and I've told you 1000 times but I'm sorry.

I wish I could take it back, but I can't.  and that tears me apart inside.
I'll forever be in your debt for your forgiveness.


This is about 17.
This Summer is meaning more and more with every closed chapter,
and my heart is thumping harder and harder with every last song and every goodbye.
 
So this is for Calyn's 19 You + Me, Addie's July, Jackson's Sugarlumps,
Mckay's Versace, Austin's Sorry, and Jared's Mr. Roboto. 

 
This is for My Montana.
 
This is for my homies, and Our new beginnings.
I want you to know that I'll never forget those songs because I think I finally found the definition of "special".

This is for ending 17 with a touch of Gold and beginning 18 with a new piece of clay.
 
This is for me moving on to something bigger and better.
And this is for me finishing with a touch of Diamond.

But until then,

This is about 17.
And this is for the Ice in my veins.


 
 
 
  
 
 
- Braeden

5 comments: