Saturday, May 10, 2014

Flashing Pictures and Bright Skys

Close your eyes and go to sleep, dear. And dream of us and how perfect this moment is.
Where the stars are shining, and the kisses are better than the movies.

This moment of dipping your golden streaks into the arctic river as we watch the night move from beautiful to perfect.

I'll walk you across the water and onto a ship full of radiant Roses. Where two little girls decided that tonight, they wanted to be pirates.


This moment of staring in your deep blue eyes and embracing a soon to be favorite memory. I'll give you my heart again and again just so you know for sure that you were the one that gave me goosebumps.
I'll stick it low in my chest and I'll make sure to lock it twice just so I'll never forget the night that birds sang and positives and negatives seemed to make sense.

We'll sail away with a token of Daniel's heart and a promise to make it more than a piece of wood. Bringing it with us every time we need to be reminded that we were all creative once.

Lets paint this picture and put it somewhere safe so we'll never forget the night we found a kiss in between the Treetops and the Atmosphere.


Now open your eyes,
Cause I think I feel something igniting





- Trevor Powers

5 comments:

  1. Lesssss gooooooo. Throwing it down. Legendary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy... the imagery in this blog post was almost to real. I LOVED this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMMM *poetry slam noise*
    "We broke up" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm sorry but I had too. Lesssgoooo

    ReplyDelete